The Jessing Center is named in honor of Monsignor Joseph Jessing, founder of the Pontifical College Josephinum. Constructed in 1938, the building served as the seminary’s library. The library then moved to the main building in 1982. The original library building then became available for multi-purpose use by both the Josephinum and outside groups.
The building’s extensive renovations were completed in 1997 and was later remodeled and updated in 2013. The interior of the Jessing Center reflects the traditional spirit of the Pontifical College Josephinum. The building’s stained glass and extensive woodwork mirrors the intricate detail of the main seminary building.